The site whenupdate.theperfectupdate.net is yet another domain name actively involved in distribution of many annoying pop-ups through the majority of browsers today. Not only these pop-ups are annoying but, what’s more dramatic, they may cause you to install a lot of junk applications into your computer. This tutorial will furnish you with the ways of their effective elimination from your PC.
The odds are that these whenupdate.theperfectupdate.net pop-up windows are already caused by some nasty adware in your computer. There are many free programs today with their installers by default bundled with a lot of useless adware samples. When users install these free applications they need to pay close attention to what else they are suggested to make the part of their PCs. Hence, it is very important to read the information presented in the setup wizards of these free utilities users install. In case you read about any additional third-party offers make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you will be able to uncheck all third-party programs from being brought to your system by default.
Those users who fail to be duly attentive often end up bringing a lot of useless programs into their PCs, including those causing such whenupdate.theperfectupdate.net pop-ups. We recommend that you always pay close attention to the installation details. This will help you to avoid installation of many useless programs into your system. In order to get rid of these whenupdate.theperfectupdate.net pop-ups and related adware from your system we recommend you to scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you need more assistance on our part please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Steps to uninstall adware automatically:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button above.
- Install the software and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan select the action you would like Trojan Killer to perform with infected items in your PC (“Delete“, “Ignore“, “False positive” and “Move to quarantine” actions are available). You may select some specific action for single infected item, or apply such actions to all items:
- Click on “Apply” button to apply these actions selected by you.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” button (in the form of suitcase) and select the option “Reset browser settings“:
- Choose browsers you want to be reset and select specific reset options. Finally, click on “Reset” button as shown below:
How to prevent your PC from being infected with adware using GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Protection” button (in the form of shield) and click on “Start“:
- You will notice this option enabled in system tray of your PC:
- With this option enabled, Trojan Killer will help you to prevent execution of malicious files by you ahead of time:
- We recommend that you click on the “Confirm” button each time threat is detected by Trojan Killer with “Protection” mode enabled.
Guide to uninstall adware manually:
Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer:
- In Windows XP, Vista or 7, click on “Start” button and select “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP, click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista or 7, click on “Uninstall a program”:
- Find adware in the list, right click with the PC mouse on it and select “Remove“.
- If you use Windows 8.1, you may right-click on “Start” button and access “Control Panel” from there:
- In Windows 8, move the computer mouse towards upper-right corner of your screen and click on “Search” button:
- Type “Uninstall a program” and go to “Settings” menu where you will find the option to uninstall software from Windows 8:
- You will see the list of installed software on your computer. Find adware in the list, right-click on it and select “Uninstall/Change“.
Removing adware from the extensions of infected browsers:
Disabling and removing adware extension from Internet Explorer:
- Click on Internet Explorer gear-wheel icon, then click on “Manage add-ons“:
- Find suspicious adware extension, then click on “Disable” button related to it:
- Alternatively, you may right-click on specific extension and select “Disable” option attributed to it:
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Disabling and removing adware extensions from Google Chrome:
- Click on Google Chrome settings button in the form of three horizontal lines, then click on “Settings“:
- Click on “Extensions” in the left sidebar of the window, then find suspicious adware extension, uncheck (disable) it and, finally, click on trash can icon next to it:
- Restart Google Chrome.
Disabling and removing adware extension from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on Mozilla Firefox settings button in the upper right corner of it (in the form of three horizontal lines), then click on “Add-ons“:
- Find suspicious adware extension (add-on) and click on “Disable” and “Remove” buttons related to it.
- Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Disabling and removing adware extension from Opera:
- Click on Opera button in the left upper corner of its window, then click on “Extensions“. Or you may use “Ctrl+Shift+E” hotkey combination alternatively:
- In the “Extensions” window that appears look for suspicious adware extension. Click on “Disable” button related to it, then click on “X” to remove it from Opera extensions completely.
- Restart Opera.