SafeSearch.net stands for a browser hijacker infecting Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Attack of it is directed at modification of home page and default search engine settings in these browsers. Opening browsers automatically reveals safesearch.net page on startup. Likewise, all user’s queries will be redirected through this websites. It is surely a mistake that this hijacker has anything to do with rendering decent search requires for your queries. It simply steals such information from other search engine giants that are legitimate. This tutorial is dedicated to effective removal of this hijacker from all major browsers, both automatically and manually.
SafeSearch.net comes into computers through being bundled with other free applications. There are users today who like installing free programs. The problem is that these free applications are by default bundled with many unwanted extras. This SafeSearch.net browser hijacker is just one of many useless programs people don’t really need. Yet, they often install it as a result of their failure to be duly attentive during freeware installation.
In order to avoid SafeSearch.net from being made the part of your browser we obviously recommend you to be attentive when you deal with the installers of free programs. Simply open the EULA (End User License Agreement) related to this free applications and take some time to read it. You will discover the facts you didn’t expect to hear. You will find out that these EULAs clearly mention about third-party programs that may be suggested for users to be brought into their PCs by default. In case this is true, simply switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you may uncheck these additional applications from being installed into your PC by default. This will help you to avoid installation of this and many other unwanted applications into your system.
SafeSearch.net hijacker truly deserves to be deleted. You will be fed up to see it in your browser all the time. The home page of your hijacked browser will be messed up with pushy ads, and even the so-called search results redirected through this hijacker will be diluted by various sponsored links shown on the top of such search results. Obviously, looking for information through this hijacker is the waste of your time. We recommend you to immediately get rid of SafeSearch.net from your browser by following the tutorial below. You have two different options, by the way. One of them is to get rid of this hijacker in a manual way (obviously for free). The other solution implies scanning of your computer with a decent antispyware program (such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer), removal of all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and resetting your browsers with it. We’ve described all these steps in the guide below. In case you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Download antimalware we recommend you to get rid of SafeSearch.net automatically (click on the button below):
IMPORTANT NOTICE before you download! GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its 15-day free trial is only able to remove 2 (two) infected items for free. In case your system is seriously infected payment must be made for its full registered version, which will remove all threats identified during the scan of your computer. If your computer requires a powerful real-time protection from GridinSoft Trojan Killer to prevent your computer from being infected with SafeSearch.net and similar malware in the future, payment needs to be made for its license key after 15 days of its free trial expire. If you would like to extend the duration of free trial period of GridinSoft Trojan Killer and the limit of infected items to be removed during this free trial, please create the support ticket by going to this online form. We will give you a personal temporary license key to evaluate GridinSoft Trojan Killer and will send it to you by email, hoping that you will seriously consider purchasing its full version for ultimate antimalware protection.
Video explaining manual (free) removal of SafeSearch.net virus from your browser:
Steps to uninstall SafeSearch.net automatically:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button above.
- Install the software and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan select the action you would like Trojan Killer to perform with infected items in your PC (“Delete“, “Ignore“, “False positive” and “Move to quarantine” actions are available). You may select some specific action for single infected item, or apply such actions to all items:
- Click on “Apply” button to apply these actions selected by you.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” button (in the form of suitcase) and select the option “Reset browser settings“:
- Choose browsers you want to be reset and select specific reset options. Finally, click on “Reset” button as shown below:
How to prevent your PC from being infected with SafeSearch.net and similar browser hijackers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Protection” button (in the form of shield) and click on “Start“:
- You will notice this option enabled in system tray of your PC:
- With this option enabled, Trojan Killer will help you to prevent execution of malicious files by you ahead of time:
- We recommend that you click on the “Confirm” button each time threat is detected by Trojan Killer with “Protection” mode enabled.