Omniboxes is a computer virus which comes into popular browsers today. When its intrusion is successful you will notice a lot of unpleasant amendments into the way your browser operates. These changes are mainly related to modification of the homepage into omniboxes.com and redirection of all your search queries through this domain name. Omniboxes virus is quite difficult to be removed using general software uninstall principles. For this reason we’ve published this guide to help you delete this malware from your browser.
Browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can be easily infected by Omniboxes virus. The attack of it takes place when users download and install some free programs into their PCs, which are by default bundled with Omniboxes installer. Obviously, in order to avoid installation of this hijacker into the PC you need to pay close attention to what exactly you’re going to make the part of your PC during installation of freeware. Those who neglect reading the EULAs may easily end up installing many other junk programs, not only Omniboxes hijacker.
Omniboxes.com displayed in the home page of your browser isn’t a pleasant thing to observe. You will see a lot of ads shown on the startup of your browser each time you want to go online. Plus, this hijacker may represent serious danger for your computer through presenting a lot of misleading pop-ups in your browser. If clicked, they may lead you to a lot of other third-party websites which may infect your browser with all sorts of junk applications. Some of them, by the way, are fairly classified as viruses and malwares.
Without a doubt, Omniboxes is not the application you should keep in your PC. Furthermore, due to its presence in your browser the general performance of your system is similar to the speed of a snail. This is because the hijacker consumes a lot of system resources and causes high CPU usage. By the way, this is the problem even for the brand new PCs recently purchased.
To cut the long story short, you must definitely delete Omniboxes virus from your computer. This can be done effectively by scanning your PC with a reliable antimalware tool called GridinSoft Trojan Killer as explained in the remainder of this guide. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browser as explained below. In case you require more help on our part, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
Download antimalware we recommend you to get rid of Omniboxes automatically (click on the button below):
IMPORTANT NOTICE before you download! GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its 15-day free trial is only able to remove 2 (two) infected items for free. In case your system is seriously infected payment must be made for its full registered version, which will remove all threats identified during the scan of your computer. If your computer requires a powerful real-time protection from GridinSoft Trojan Killer to prevent your computer from being infected with Omniboxes and similar malware in the future, payment needs to be made for its license key after 15 days of its free trial expire. If you would like to extend the duration of free trial period of GridinSoft Trojan Killer and the limit of infected items to be removed during this free trial, please create the support ticket by going to this online form. We will give you a personal temporary license key to evaluate GridinSoft Trojan Killer and will send it to you by email, hoping that you will seriously consider purchasing its full version for ultimate antimalware protection.
Video explaining manual (free) removal of Omniboxes virus from your browser:
Steps to uninstall Omniboxes automatically:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button above.
- Install the software and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan select the action you would like Trojan Killer to perform with infected items in your PC (“Delete“, “Ignore“, “False positive” and “Move to quarantine” actions are available). You may select some specific action for single infected item, or apply such actions to all items:
- Click on “Apply” button to apply these actions selected by you.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” button (in the form of suitcase) and select the option “Reset browser settings“:
- Choose browsers you want to be reset and select specific reset options. Finally, click on “Reset” button as shown below:
How to prevent your PC from being infected with Omniboxes and similar browser hijackers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Protection” button (in the form of shield) and click on “Start“:
- You will notice this option enabled in system tray of your PC:
- With this option enabled, Trojan Killer will help you to prevent execution of malicious files by you ahead of time:
- We recommend that you click on the “Confirm” button each time threat is detected by Trojan Killer with “Protection” mode enabled.