Browsers in the USA are actively bombarded by fake NSA Alert Screen scary alerts, warnings and notifications. Such behavior of browsers is explained by intrusion of virus infection into them. Obviously, this is a fake National Security Agency warning, having nothing to do with Central Security Service of FBI. This is a malware classified as Trojan:HTML/Browlock ransomware. It uses various vulnerabilities of attacked browsers. Once these vulnerabilities are found browsers become blocked by this scary yet fake NSA Alert Screen message.
Hackers who have invented this Trojan:HTML/Browlock infection are quite instrumental in making users really frustrated. This virus is able to track the IP address of the infected PC, to define your geographic location and even to hijack your web camera (if it is available). You will see this scary NSA Alert accusing you of committing various crimes online. Here is the example of such frustrating message:
NSA ALERT SCREEN
National Security Agency
Central Security Service
All activities of this computer has been recorded. Don’t try to unlock your browser!
This browser has been locked for violating the law of the United States off America.
Your Internet Service Provider in cooperation with the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) and National Security Agency (NSA) monitors and takes actions against illegal and offensive content on the Internet. It acts against private usage of websites, newsgroups and online groups that:
– contain images of child abuse, originating anywhere in the world.
– contain adult material that potentially breaches the Obscene Publications Act in the US.
– storing or distribution of the multimedia files with copyrights violation.
You have been subjected to violation of Copyright and Related Rights Law (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted contents (files were found in C:\USERS\ALL USERS\DOCUMENTS\…), thus infringing Article 1, Section 8, Clause 8, also known as the Copyright of the Criminal Code of the United States of America. Article 1, Section 8, Cause 8 of the Criminal Code provides for a fine of two to five hundred minimal wages or a deprivation of liberty for two to eight years.
You have been viewing or distributing prohibited Pornographic contents: (Child Pornography and etc were found in C:\USERS\All users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\…). Thus violating article 207 of the Criminal Codes of the United States of America, Article 207 of the Criminal Code provides for a deprivation of liberty for four to twelve years.
Illegally downloaded material (MP3’s, Movies or Software) has been located on your computer.
By downloading or uploading, those files have been reproduced, thereby involving a criminal offense under
11 U.S.C.A. SM209(a) and 12 U.S.C.A SM9019 (2)(A)(B).
(a) Whoever violates section 1205(a) (relating to criminal offenses) of title 19 shall be punished as provided in subsection (b) of this section and such penalties shall be in addition to any other provisions of title 19 or any other law. (b) Any person who commits an offense under subsection (a) of this section–
(2) shall be fined not more than $250,000 or imprisoned for not more than two years, or both, if the offense
(A) involves the reproduction or distribution, during any one-hundred-and-eighty-day period, of more than one ten but less than one hundred phonorecords or copies infringing the copyright in one or more sound recordings; or
(B) involves the reproduction or distribution, during any one-hundred-and-eighty-day period, of more than two but less than sixty-five copies infringing the copyright in one or more motion pictures or other audiovisual works.
The first violation may not entail criminal liability if the payment of the fine would be excecuted in connection with the law of loyalty to the people. If repeated violations occur, prosecution is inevitable.
To unlock your browser you are obliged to pay a fine of $300, payable through Reloadit Pack. After successful payment, your browser will automatically unlock.
How to pay the fine using Reloadit Pack?
1. Find a retail location near you. You’ll find the Reloadit Pack in the prepaid card section at thousands of stores, including major retailers like Food Emporum, Gristedes, A&P, Pathmark, Ahold, Hess, Vons, Safeway, Save a Lot and etc.
2. Look for a Reloadit Pack in the prepaid section. Take it to the cashier and load it with cash. A service fee of up to $3.95 will apply.
3. Enter the digits Reloadit Pack resulting code in the payment form (pressing the number buttons) and press “Pay by Prepaid Card”.
After paying the fine your browser will be unlocked IMMEDIATELY.
Please note: Fines may only be paid within 24 hours. If you let 24 hours pass without payment, you will become the subject of criminal prosecution without the right to pay the fine and the possibility of unlocking your browser expires.
The purpose of this Trojan:HTML/Browlock scam is to make you pay money in favor of these crooks who have elaborated this infection. They want you to pay $300 in their pockets, promising to unlock your browser afterwards. As we’ve said, this warning is a fake NSA alert. The FBI has nothing to do with it. $300 is not a fine, but rather a ransom which goes directly into the pockets of cyber frauds who developed this scam. Please do not obey these scary instructions presented by hackers through these fake alerts. Instead, we recommend you to follow this guide below explaining how to unlock your browser for free.
GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a good application which can help you to unblock your browser infected with NSA Alert Screen message. By the way, you don’t even need to purchase its full version. Simply install the software into your computer. If you can’t use your browser for downloading the software, you may do it through some other clean computer and copy its installer into your infected system. All you need to do is to use the built-in tool of Trojan Killer to reset your browsers. This procedure is explained in all the details below.
Download antimalware we recommend you to get rid of NSA Alert Screen scam automatically (click on the button below):
IMPORTANT NOTICE before you download! GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its 15-day free trial is only able to remove 2 (two) infected items for free. In case your system is seriously infected payment must be made for its full registered version, which will remove all threats identified during the scan of your computer. If your computer requires a powerful real-time protection from GridinSoft Trojan Killer to prevent your computer from being infected with NSA Alert Screen ransomware and similar viruses in the future, payment needs to be made for its license key after 15 days of its free trial expire. If you would like to extend the duration of free trial period of GridinSoft Trojan Killer and the limit of infected items to be removed during this free trial, please create the support ticket by going to this online form. We will give you a personal temporary license key to evaluate GridinSoft Trojan Killer and will send it to you by email, hoping that you will seriously consider purchasing its full version for ultimate antimalware protection.
Steps to get rid of NSA Alert Screen pop-up automatically:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button above.
- Install the software and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan select the action you would like Trojan Killer to perform with infected items in your PC (“Delete“, “Ignore“, “False positive” and “Move to quarantine” actions are available). You may select some specific action for single infected item, or apply such actions to all items:
- Click on “Apply” button to apply these actions selected by you.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” button (in the form of suitcase) and select the option “Reset browser settings“:
- Choose browsers you want to be reset and select specific reset options. Finally, click on “Reset” button as shown below:
Note! If you can’t use your blocked browser to download Trojan Killer you may download the software from some clean computer and copy its installer to your infected PC by means of USB Flash Drive.
How to prevent your PC from being infected with malware using GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Protection” button (in the form of shield) and click on “Start“:
- You will notice this option enabled in system tray of your PC:
- With this option enabled, Trojan Killer will help you to prevent execution of malicious files by you ahead of time:
- We recommend that you click on the “Confirm” button each time threat is detected by Trojan Killer with “Protection” mode enabled.