Mac Cleanup Pro is a potentially unwanted software currently attacking Mac OS X computer. This program is currently being spread through various malicious links that may offer you to download and install some kinds of Adobe Flash Player. However, there is absolutely no need for you to perform such updates. When you mistakenly perform these suggested updates your Mac may become infected with Mac Cleanup Pro and plenty of other totally useless utilities. In case Mac Cleanup Pro is already in your Mac, it’s of utmost importance that you continue reading this tutorial that provides you with ways to remove this hoax automatically from your system.
Quick menu to help you navigate through Mac Cleanup Pro removal tutorial.
General information about Mac Cleanup Pro.
Mac Cleanup Pro creates many problems for Mac users. The hoax will cause extremely high CPU usage on a permanent basis. You will even hear how fast the CPU cooler rotates. This is all because Mac Cleanup Pro program consumes a lot of system resources, being also interconnected with plenty of other malicious applications sooner or later. Hence, you’d better immediately perform the measures to get rid of this scam as soon as possible.
Mac Cleanup Pro program may also be bundled with installers of some free application for Mac. There are very many resources online that offer freeware installations for Mac OS X. The problem is that certain free program may be automatically bunched with Mac Cleanup Pro or some other junk utilities. You ought to be very careful not to permit installation of such junk utilities that may be offered along with some free programs of your selection.
Finally, intrusion of Mac Cleanup Pro program is also the result of failure of your current anti-virus program to protect your system as initially advertised. It’s very important that you now reconsider your choices in terms of the software into which you entrust the security of your system. We recommend you to scan your workstation with Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus for Mac OS X that will render the exceptionally great service in terms of defending your Mac computer. In case you require more help on our part, feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Tips to delete Mac Cleanup Pro scam automatically from Mac computers:
- Download Combo Cleaner by clicking on the Download Now button below:
- You will be suggested to download the application through the App Store:
- Install Combo Cleaner and start it.
- Allow Combo Cleaner to download and install new updates (mandatory step):
- After updates are installed, click on “Start Combo Scan” button:
- To enable full features of Combo Cleaner and to delete Mac Cleanup Pro and other malware, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove” button:
- Purchase Combo Cleaner through the App Store.
- Activate the application.
- Apply recommendations during scanning with Combo Cleaner and delete all detected infections from your Mac.
After you remove Mac Cleanup Pro it is mandatory to apply additional manual fixes to clean your browser from malware remnants.
Cleaning Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on the menu button in the upper-right part of the screen which either looks like three vertical dots. Scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and click on “Settings” (as shown in one of the images above).
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- WARNING. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Fixing Mozilla Firefox.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove infection from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Fixing Internet Explorer.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“.
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“.
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Choose “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you detect anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Fixing Safari in Mac OS X.
- Step 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Step 2. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Step 3. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Step 4. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Step 5. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Step 6. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.