HPNotify.exe is a malware, which is also referred to as SearchProtect. It is installed into many PCs today along with other free applications. HPNotify.exe (a.k.a. SupHPNot.exe) is a process related to one or several browser hijackers currently installed in your PC. The purpose of this hazardous process is to prevent you from removing those annoying browser hijackers from your system.
Without a doubt, HPNotify.exe (SearchProtect), as well as all other related malware, must be removed from your PC. Let us try to explain how exactly this malware works in your PC. Just as an example, we can mention browser hijackers like MyStartSearch, WebsSearches, Omiga-Plus, etc. All of them use HPNotify.exe and related unwanted software to prevent users from removing them. When you manually attempt to change the home page of your hijacked browser back into google.com, or any other page you like and prefer, this HPNotify.exe will restore the page of these browser hijackers again in your browser.
HPNotify.exe can be located in various folders, such as SupTab, STab and XTab. The screenshot above depicts its location in the XTab folder.
As we’ve said above, HPNotify.exe, STab, XTab and related browser hijackers are distributed in the web today through being bundled with a lot of other free applications. If you’re a person who is active in downloading and installing free programs into your system, then please make sure you pay close attention to what other free applications you’re going to make the part of your computer. If you read about any of the above-said browser hijackers to be offered for you to be installed into your system, then please make sure you always select the option of custom or advanced installation. This is the place where you may uncheck all these unwanted extras from being installed into your system by default.
It is very difficult to remove HPNotify.exe (SupHPNot.exe) manually. This requires a lot of additional IT knowledge and skills from you. We recommend you to choose the option of automatic removal of this malware and related browser hijackers from your computer. The last but not the least, please consider installing and purchasing the premium version of the recommended antivirus software, which will help you to secure your PC from being infected with all kinds of junkware and other useless applications.
Download antimalware we recommend you to get rid of malware automatically (click on the button below):
IMPORTANT NOTICE before you download! GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its 15-day free trial is only able to remove 2 (two) infected items for free. In case your system is seriously infected payment must be made for its full registered version, which will remove all threats identified during the scan of your computer. If your computer requires a powerful real-time protection from GridinSoft Trojan Killer to prevent your computer from being infected with malware in the future, payment needs to be made for its license key after 15 days of its free trial expire. If you would like to extend the duration of free trial period of GridinSoft Trojan Killer and the limit of infected items to be removed during this free trial, please create the support ticket by going to this online form. We will give you a personal temporary license key to evaluate GridinSoft Trojan Killer and will send it to you by email, hoping that you will seriously consider purchasing its full version for ultimate antimalware protection.
Steps to remove malware automatically:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button above.
- Install the software and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan select the action you would like Trojan Killer to perform with infected items in your PC (“Delete“, “Ignore“, “False positive” and “Move to quarantine” actions are available). You may select some specific action for single infected item, or apply such actions to all items:
- Click on “Apply” button to apply these actions selected by you.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” button (in the form of suitcase) and select the option “Reset browser settings“:
- Choose browsers you want to be reset and select specific reset options. Finally, click on “Reset” button as shown below:
How to prevent your PC from being infected with malware using GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Protection” button (in the form of shield) and click on “Start“:
- You will notice this option enabled in system tray of your PC:
- With this option enabled, Trojan Killer will help you to prevent execution of malicious files by you ahead of time:
- We recommend that you click on the “Confirm” button each time threat is detected by Trojan Killer with “Protection” mode enabled.
Guidelines to uninstall HPNotify.exe (SearchProtect) manually.
- In Windows XP, Vista or 7, click on “Start” button and select “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP, click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista or 7, click on “Uninstall a program”:
- Find HPNotify.exe, SearchProtect, or any related browser hijacker in the list, right click with the PC mouse on it and select “Remove“.
- If you use Windows 8.1, you may right-click on “Start” button and access “Control Panel” from there:
- In Windows 8, move the computer mouse towards upper-right corner of your screen and click on “Search” button:
- Type “Uninstall a program” and go to “Settings” menu where you will find the option to uninstall software from Windows 8:
- You will see the list of installed software on your computer. Find HPNotify.exe, SearchProtect, or any related browser hijacker in the list, right-click on it and select “Uninstall/Change“.