While surfing the world wide web you may see some unusual Ads by Media Player in your browser. This might be some single advertisement, titled as “Ad by: Media Player”. Or, more likely, you will see tons of such ads popping up whenever you go online. This fact actually means that your computer has become infected by adware called MediaPlayer 3.1.0. Right now it is actively distributed in the Internet together with other free programs which are bundled with MediaPlayer 3.1.0 by default. This article aims to help you in removal of this adware from your computer.
Media Player Ads generally pop up in browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Most likely these browsers have some special add-on (extension) added by this adware. No doubt, facing these ads all the time is quite annoying, but the worst part of the story about them is the truth about the danger related to these intrusive ads. In many cases such ads present a lot of misleading and obviously faulty information which has in mind to make you click on them and to download a lot of useless and even malicious applications into your computer.
For example, you may see these Ads by Media Player telling you about your browser being outdated, or about the urgent need to install or update your Java, or Flash Player, or any other software whatsoever. In reality, there is absolutely no need for you to download, install or update such programs. You might have the brand new PC and still face such pop-up ads by Media Player adware, provided that your browser has been infected by it.
Under no circumstances should you click on Ads by Media Player or to download (install) any software through them. This is extremely dangerous for your PC. As a result, you may end up facing a lot of useless and hazardous applications in your PC which altogether with considerably slow down its overall performance. You browser may permanently redirect you to all kinds of third-party websites engaged in adware and malware distribution. Hence, you will not be able to use your computer in an easy way. The adware will consume a lot of system resources from your laptop or desktop, and its performance will be similar to a snail (due to high CPU usage caused by it).
If you’re experiencing the above-mentioned problems with your PC, they’re most likely caused by MediaPlayer 3.1.0 adware in it. Possibly there are some other similar unwanted programs in it. We definitely recommend that you scan your computer with a powerful antimalware tool called GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and reset your browsers with it. In case you need more assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Download antimalware we recommend you to get rid of Media Player Ads automatically (click on the button below):
IMPORTANT NOTICE before you download! GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its 15-day free trial is only able to remove 2 (two) infected items for free. In case your system is seriously infected payment must be made for its full registered version, which will remove all threats identified during the scan of your computer. If your computer requires a powerful real-time protection from GridinSoft Trojan Killer to prevent your computer from being infected with MediaPlayer and similar adware in the future, payment needs to be made for its license key after 15 days of its free trial expire. If you would like to extend the duration of free trial period of GridinSoft Trojan Killer and the limit of infected items to be removed during this free trial, please create the support ticket by going to this online form. We will give you a personal temporary license key to evaluate GridinSoft Trojan Killer and will send it to you by email, hoping that you will seriously consider purchasing its full version for ultimate antimalware protection.
Steps to uninstall MediaPlayer automatically:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button above.
- Install the software and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan select the action you would like Trojan Killer to perform with infected items in your PC (“Delete“, “Ignore“, “False positive” and “Move to quarantine” actions are available). You may select some specific action for single infected item, or apply such actions to all items:
- Click on “Apply” button to apply these actions selected by you.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” button (in the form of suitcase) and select the option “Reset browser settings“:
- Choose browsers you want to be reset and select specific reset options. Finally, click on “Reset” button as shown below:
How to prevent your PC from being infected with MediaPlayer and similar adware using GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- In the upper menu of GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Protection” button (in the form of shield) and click on “Start“:
- You will notice this option enabled in system tray of your PC:
- With this option enabled, Trojan Killer will help you to prevent execution of malicious files by you ahead of time:
- We recommend that you click on the “Confirm” button each time threat is detected by Trojan Killer with “Protection” mode enabled.
Guide to remove Media Player Ads manually:
Uninstalling MediaPlayer adware from the Control Panel of your computer:
- In Windows XP, Vista or 7, click on “Start” button and select “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP, click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista or 7, click on “Uninstall a program”:
- Find MediaPlayer adware in the list, right click with the PC mouse on it and select “Remove“.
- If you use Windows 8.1, you may right-click on “Start” button and access “Control Panel” from there:
- In Windows 8, move the computer mouse towards upper-right corner of your screen and click on “Search” button:
- Type “Uninstall a program” and go to “Settings” menu where you will find the option to uninstall software from Windows 8:
- You will see the list of installed software on your computer. Find MediaPlayer adware in the list, right-click on it and select “Uninstall/Change“.
Removing MediaPlayer adware from the extensions (add-ons) of infected browsers:
Disabling and removing MediaPlayer add-on from Internet Explorer:
- Click on Internet Explorer gear-wheel icon, then click on “Manage add-ons“:
- Find MediaPlayer adware add-on, then click on “Disable” button related to it:
- Alternatively, you may right-click on specific add-on and select “Disable” option attributed to it:
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Disabling and removing MediaPlayer extension from Google Chrome:
- Click on Google Chrome settings button in the form of three horizontal lines, then click on “Settings“:
- Click on “Extensions” in the left sidebar of the window, then find MediaPlayer adware extension, uncheck (disable) it and, finally, click on trash can icon next to it:
- Restart Google Chrome.
Disabling and removing MediaPlayer add-on from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on Mozilla Firefox settings button in the upper right corner of it (in the form of three horizontal lines), then click on “Add-ons“:
- Find MediaPlayer add-on and click on “Disable” and “Remove” buttons related to it.
- Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Disabling and removing MediaPlayer extension from Opera:
- Click on Opera button in the left upper corner of its window, then click on “Extensions“. Or you may use “Ctrl+Shift+E” hotkey combination alternatively:
- In the “Extensions” window that appears look for MediaPlayer extension. Click on “Disable” button related to it, then click on “X” to remove it from Opera extensions completely.
- Restart Opera.